Monday, February 9, 2009

Sun Devil Once Again

I don't think there is ANYONE who has applied to a single school more than I've applied to ASU. I think I'm up to four now and I've only gone there one year. Honestly, I don't know what compels me to apply when I have little intention of going back to school but this time there is no stopping me. I'm a SUN DEVIL JERRY, and I'm staying a Devil until I finish (which hopefully will be NLT May 2011).
I applied last year and the week before I was planning to head out things went south and it just didn't feel right to be heading back to school just yet; so here I stayed. Three months later I was thinking about school again. I was offered a good job with the Air Force here and deciding that I wanted to save money for school once again here I stayed.

This past year has had more ups and downs than I would have liked. There have been trials upon trials here followed by a long period of sadness and regrets that I am finding myself struggling to get out of. This is good though, I need to get on with my life and starting a new chapter, the only sad part is I'm not leaving soon enough.

The year hasn't been completely bad. I've enjoyed most of it and people I've met along the way as well as certain ones I've grown closer to. This year has been a good one. Would I take it back? No. Would I do things differently? Yes. Life has its trials but we all live and hopefully learn from it.

ASU here I come!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yes, the sun and warmth will do a lot for nurturing and healing. I went to live there after a hard time in my life and it was just what I needed. I really want to write more but hold back because I don't know how you would feel.