Friday, February 20, 2009

In a Reflective Mood

So many things on my mind right now it's crazy!

This weekend I'm enrolled in a class that HOPEFULLY will get me certified as a personal trainer. This is actually good for a few reasons I think; 1-Give me an insight to the job I'll potentially be working at after my degree. 2-More training in my field of study. 3-I might actually be able to transfer this training over to my degree and have less courses to take when I get back to ASU.

As I struggled sitting through class today (it was a 10 hour day) my mind couldn't help but to bounce all over the place. I reflected on a lot of things that I didn't even realize I was having thoughts about. I think I wrote more down on those subjects than what I wrote down as notes for this class.

About half way through writing what I was thinking I found myself shocked at some of the things I was writing. A little hostile at some of the things that have been expressed, not exactly to me but rather about my situation and it makes me mad. I'm grateful for those who have tenderly approached me about things and for the MOST part I do NOT take offense.

After all of this I realized one more thing, maybe I have a pride issue. Don't tell my father I said that; he might die of a heart attack.

**This blog was just to vent; it's not aimed towards anyone so I'm really hoping I don't get comments from people apologizing. I'm an upfront person. If I thanked you for your comments I meant it.**

3 comments:

The Aguilars' said...

I love you even with your pride. You come by it honestly. It is a Ray thing. What can I say? It's in your genetic makeup. When are you coming to Japan?

Leslie said...

Pride, schmide, who cares! I think you are one neat-o chick! Instead of apologizing I'll just say, thank you for being you, I love it! Plus you can't get rid of me that easy, I'm too attached to the Ray's.

Krista said...

I don't call it pride, but self preservation. We are all entitled to our feelings and it is okay to try to sort them out. People do love and care for you. I am one that I wish I knew how to approach you to offer some sensitve support but I am afraid of bungling it up.