Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why I don't like it...

Some people just can't understand why I don't want to be told how proud they are of me. They just don't understand why when they say they are happy to see me every week it makes me mad. Well, I've thought about it and I really do think this is why.

People are telling me they are happy to see me at church; something I should be doing anyway. People tell me they are proud of me for doing something that had I not chosen something else I wouldn't have to be doing what I am now!!!

I can't be someone's 'hero' if I'm only their hero because I'm trying to fix past mistakes. I can't be someone for others to look up to if I shouldn't be that person had I not chosen to fall first and then struggle to climb back to the top.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what I love about you Sara...you say it how it is. You are one of those rare people that actually admit and take responsibility for mistakes made in the past, and you don't want someone to excuse it for you or to tell you it is alright, because it is not alright and sometimes you are not fine, but still you are managing and that is surviving. I 100% agree with boundaries. I think that we should attempt to be friends and by friends, I mean just be nice to those that we come in contact with, and help when help is asked, but I think that as women we can learn to balance boundaries better. For some reason, we want to fix everything, and we don't want to see others hurt, but sometimes the best help is to just let others deal. And if you don't have a relationship with that person, then the best way to help is just to stay quiet and let those who do have relationships step in when help is needed. Sometimes we forget that others have to feel the pain before the healing can start. So I don't blame you for feeling the way that you do. I think that you are completely justified! So with that lets do lunch...I'll cross the boundary...hehehe :)

Jepsenator said...

I'm so proud of you and so happy to see you at chuch every week..