Friday, March 13, 2009

Trunk Sales

Every day, whether rain or snow, shine or grey, you will see them out there. Trunks ajar with all kinds of patrons waiting for that ONE person. Men and women alike, spouses, active duty or civilians they don’t care! Old or young, fat or thin you’ll see them all there! Sitting in their cars reading a magazine or out socializing with other people it doesn’t matter, there all there for one thing and one thing only. This is no ordinary crowd… oh no, it’s Ramstein Yard Sales shoppers!

Every day for the past week or so I’ve driven by or to the Burger King on Ramstein and seen an amazing site. I call it pre-ordered trunk sale. Imagine hundreds of thousands of people from across the Military community based in Kaiserslautern, Germany, logging on to the website, ramsteinyardsales.com and searching for that rare 1986 concert poster depicting the Monkees. I mean c’mon, who doesn’t need that to complete their life? Now I won’t lie. I’ve become a fan myself. It’s on this site that you can buy 10 movies for $10. Or find that rare Disney classic DVD “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” for $20 as opposed to the $30 Amazon is selling it for (without shipping and handling costs). Yep, I’m picking that DVD up this afternoon!!

I’ve seen some of the MOST random items on there as well though; an opened half empty bag of blow pops (ga’ll I hope none of them were USED). Plants, a car wash card for the local car wash and even transformers that no longer work. Hey, they do say one man’s trash is another man’s treasure but I didn’t know some of this stuff qualified.

I’ve used the site to sell beds, desks, text books and here really soon I’ll be working on getting rid of my TY beanies that I had growing up… any takers ;) haha

So no more early morning yard sales for me. Nope, if there isn’t a yardsales.com site wherever I move next I’m not going to waste my time driving from neighborhood to neighborhood looking. Maybe I’ll protest until Gilbert/Mesa gets one.

2 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

Sara... don't you know? We call that Craigslist! No excuses, just come =)

Krista said...

Oh, I'm sure they have one there! I love the yardsales but also the yahoo free group--I just give things away if people come and get it!