Friday, May 2, 2008

Contemplating this thing Called Life

My life has been a bit crazy lately, actually it started back in like February/March when I was offered a job. 2 weeks went by, 4, 7, 10, before I knew it, it was April and I still was not working; finally I told them I was going to start taking other job interviews. Well I did just that. I took a job interview at USAFE HQs and about 2 weeks later I was informed that they wanted to offer me the job. Within 24 hours of accepting the job I was given a salary; that's more than the other job had done. So I was feeling good, going to take the job, get some loans paid off and then go back to Arizona in the summer of 09.

Quickly a problem presented itself. I made the mistake of telling them that I will lose my dependent status in October. Well, apparently in order for me to keep this job I have to be a dependent because that's how I was hired on as. If I kept the job after that point it would look like I only claim dependent so I could sponsor myself. *Being a dependent gives you higher priority*

What does this mean? Well, it means that come October 22 of this year I have to be a full time student or I have 60 days until they can 'fire' me. I don't really know what to do. I mean taking classes is only going to give me more credits than I need. And I have to be a full time student (12 Semester Hours) each semester. Classes run about 200/credit, which means what? 4800 a year... Not bad, I know, but for classes that I will never use? Yeah, that's useless!

But if I do this then it will get my student loans cut way down. So here I am contemplating what to do. Technically I could take the job and be 'fired' around Dec. 22 which means I could make it home for the Spring term. Things just aren't as clear as I wish they would be.

No comments: