Monday, April 28, 2008

Keep Daddy Safe

This week, after the asking of my father, I decided to go and spend a couple days with my father. Pops is living down in Bamberg, another German city, getting ready to go down range and sometimes gets lonely as he has to spend the whole week without the family. While I can't disclose too much information just know that he is leaving soon and it will be for 15 months.
So now I'm in Bamberg, after trying to find out how to get here for about 15 mins, and I must say I enjoy this base. It's quiet, not as busy as the area we live in and it actually has that feel of a small town. Maybe it's just where Pops' barracks are that give this feeling, but hey whatever.

So yeah, Pops will be leaving soon and it's sad, but who knows, Pops might get out when he gets back. *SHHH DON'T TELL HIM I SAID THAT* Anyhow, the point is that Pops will be leaving for down range soon and though this isn't our first deployment type situation with him in the military it will still be sad once again to see him go. I think it always is for anyone in this situation. For any kid really to see their Pops leave for an extended amount of time. Whether in the military or not.

No comments: