Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Ramblings of Saturday Adventures

Ok, so really I should be planning my lesson, but I can't stop thinking about my wonderful Saturday!

It started off with waking up at 0800, ON A SATURDAY!, for breakfast with the girls from the office and a couple munchkins. We went to this fantastic cafe in Landstuhl called Sander's that has some really good breakfast! We sat and chatted until almost noon about whatever! Office, life, love, you name it!

From there I had to run to the commissary to get some food for a surprise picnic I was planning (it almost didn't happen). Luckily for everyone the picnic did happen for a short amount of time. We knew that rain was in the forecast yet we decided to give it a try. We headed to a park in Kaiserslautern, laid out our blanket, got the food out, ate our sandwiches, laughed, giggled, had a good time and just when we were getting ready to relax a little ways out we could see parents running with their kids in tow.

RAIN had made it's appearance FAST! This wasn't like a light trickle and then hard, oh no, it was HARD then faster and harder! We thought it'd pass us shortly if we just were patient so we hid the goodies and laid there, within a couple minutes we decided we'd just move it inside. By the time we got to our car we were soaked! When we got back to the house however we realized it was a good decision on our part. Not a minute after walking in the door we saw lightning with thunder right on top of it!

Now, in all my years of being in Germany I had never seen lightning; but the day I plan a picnic it shows up??? How wrong is that?

So inside we went to finish eating and to play some checkers. Yes, I lost :( HORRIBLY the first round. Second round I made one mistake that took me out of it. I will seek my revenge.

After checkers it was off for dinner, Chinese anyone? So much for chicken chili! We were too tired to even try and claim that feat.

What a day! I think it was the best Saturday I have had in Germany! Not much more time now though, 18 more days!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Those days are things to remember. If it was always sunny skies and goodness what fun would be it to tell the story! Glad you are getting in all the fun you can before you fly away.