Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fortune cookies always have a fortune; some good, some bad, some GREAT!

So I recently wrote about possibly going to ROTC for the Army and joining in as a Capt. My dreams about that have been semi-crushed when I was told because of my asthma I can't join :( Are you serious? My asthma is able to be controlled and I've NEVER had a MAJOR issue with it. So I'm an EFMP that has to get special permission everytime we move; but it's never caused me a huge deal of heart ache.
That is a lie Uncle Sam, you don't want me! :'( My lungs aren't strong enough for you I guess. Oh well, plan B, become a federal civilian get paid just as well, if not better and hopefully reap all the same benefits too. :)

Other good news I recently got my cap and gown in the mail which makes it official that I've gotten my AA but the good news is I went and got pictures taken with my good friend Leslie, an amazing photographer. We spent the whole day together and really had fun, Steph and I showed her some tricks on photoshop, mainly Steph but I'm convinced enough to get photoshop for my computer... AFTER I buy a Mac.
That's right, I don't wear my hat straight... so what? First ones are obviously just pictures of me in the cap and gown. I really don't like cap and gowns. They make you look weird and the hat NEVER fits right.

These next ones are of Steph and I being dorks like we are... having fun with the thought of us both being Devils this fall. I think it's my posture, I'll have to work on that, but man I look like I have a little bit of weight on me huh? Ah, good ole Crazy hair! but there you have it, the newest German Devils that are going to take ASU by storm!

So I told you I had bad, good and great news, well you've heard the bad and the good, are you ready for the GREAT?
As of last week I am now a certified personal trainer by AFAA, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America. That means I can pretty much start up my own business if I so desired, but I do not so desire. I just want to be able to put it on my resume in hopes of maybe starting at a gym and working my way up to being a personal trainer. Sure would help with the schooling huh?

Alright, so some of my plans aren't hatching out as I wish they would, but all in all this past week was amazing with my trip to Denmark included.

It sure is good to be a gypsy college kid!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Fun, fun, FUN! Great pictures and Blah to the military criteria! They punish the honest ones. But there are other great plans for your life in store! Congrats on being a personal trainer--quite an accomplishment. Must make you feel great to reach some of your goals!