Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Doctors that love to deliver bad news

Have you ever had a doctor call you up at your house or office and go, hey, this is Dr Iwannaruinyourday from the clinic. I just wanted to let you know that some of your tests came back a little abnormal and we want to run some tests on you. So not really knowing what this might mean you go ok. Sure, where, when etc? Then you get smart and ask, ok, so I don't understand, if the tests came back abnormal what does this mean for me and they drop a big word, that nobody ever wants to hear I'm sure, followed by, "but don't worry, I'm sure it's nothing."

NO, if it was nothing you wouldn't have called me! So here you are on pins and needles waiting for an appointment with the clinic to do some tests and then wait another week or so to find out what is going on. So if I seem a little on edge, I'm sorry!

No comments: