Friday, February 5, 2010

Schnitzel, Lime-ade and Cookies you don't BAKE!

Is it FRIDAY already? I guess so...

So, last week I thought I'd be making Chili this week but looking in my fridge I realized that I had Chicken Breast I needed to use before it went bad so the final decision was.... SCHNITZEL!!

That's right, I just got back from Germany about 3 weeks ago and already I'm making one of the most popular meals from there. I can't help it. It is so good! (As long as you don't fry it in a half gallon of Crisco)

You will need:
-Meat Tenderizer
-3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
-2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
-1/3 Cup Flour
-2 Large Eggs
-1/2 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
-1 Large Lemon

Begin by 'tenderizing' or POUNDING the chicken breast unti the thickness is about 1/2 INCH.

Heat the OIL in a WOK sized pan (If you want a CRISPIER Schnitzel use LESS OIL) on MEDIUM HEAT.

In THREE SEPERATE bowls place the FLOUR, EGGS and BREAD CRUMBS. After the CHICKEN is the right thickness coat the CHICKEN with FLOUR and THEN place the FLOURED CHICKEN in the EGGS followed by the BREAD CRUMBS.

Place the CHICKEN in the OIL and allow to cook about 7 MINUTES each side or until GOLDEN BROWN or the right CRISP-NESS.

Remove from the OIL and allow to cool. SERVE with a LEMON-WEDGE (Allows for GREAT flavor) and SHOE-STRING FRIES.

And of course I had to have something to DRINK!!! It was LIME-ADE night!

You will need:
-1/3 Cup SUGAR
-6 Small/Medium Limes
-8 Oz. Water

Begin by softening the LIMES; roll them on a hard surface, squeeze them by hand; just get them soft for an easier time.

Cut the LIMES into WEDGES and then squeeze the JUICE into a small PITCHER.

Add 8 Oz of WATER and start with 1/3 Cup SUGAR; add more SUGAR as needed.

Serve COLD! Good, easy, delicious!

Onto DESSERT!

Standing in front of OIL all night what is better than NO-BAKE COOKIES?
You will need:
-2 Cups Sugar
-5 TBS Cocoa
-1/2 Cup Milk
-1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick)
-1 tsp Vanilla
-1 Cup Coconut
-3 Cups Oatmeal
-Wax Paper

Put SUGAR, COCOA, MILK AND BUTTER in a large pot. Bring to a BOIL; add VANILLA.

Remove from heat and add COCONUT and OATMEAL; MIX well.

Lay WAX PAPER on a flat surface and drop them COOKIE-SIZED onto the WAX PAPER.

Place in the FRIDGE to cool for BEST results and ENJOY!

Until Next week...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

MMM!! No bake cookies! I wanna live by YOU!!