Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is this a TYPO?

Woke up this morning in a little bit of disbelief. In all my years of life I've been a Cards fan... it's kind of bred into you with my family. To like another team is disgraceful and to be a BandWagonJumper (BWJ) is even worse!

I've stuck with my team through it all; regardless of what my father says, I have. I know we've been through some tough times, and not seeing much of the playoffs in all my 21 years. Why should this year be any different most asked.


When the Cards made it into the playoffs it was because we had a weak division and if you waited long enough we would head off to the East coast and get CREAMED by the Panthers. Our win against the Falcons was a fluke and nothing but luck.
So off to Carolina we went; and home to AZ we came... with heads held HIGH and looking forward to the next week playing the Eagles at HOME!!! Defense was a HUGE part of that game for the first time in a long time our O*Line and Defense are worth mentioning.
Still not many commentators gave us a chance. Even people from Arizona didn't think we'd make it past the Eagles... after all back in November in 2 inches of snow, and after a short week we got blown out by them. Why should us playing at home in the toaster over, with perfect conditions and a week of practice make a difference right?
Well it did! I won't say it was a PERFECT game by them, only scoring 7 in the second half and allowing the Eagles to come back 25 points, 19 in the second half unanswered until our LATE TD with 3 mins left.
All that aside it's finally over and we're heading to Tampa Bay 1 Feb. to play the Steelers. What a match up that will be. Let's not get a big head and give them a good game! The world is waiting for us to get blown out and they still are sure it will happen. Watching Sports Center this morning and even they are still joking about it repeating it, claiming it is not a typo and today's weather may include flying pigs.
So I say take it Cards, you've been the underdogs for three weeks now and look how that's worked for us. Gather all the unbelievers, put them in one room and feed off of that!
GO CARDS!!!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sara, I come from a football crazy family from Nebraska (Big Red) and I know the agony of defeat and glory with victory--they trained me! Glad yout team pulled it through!