Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You may think you ain't country...

Alright, so, I joined my sister on Monday night for a little FHE at Tempe which included free pizza... FREE FOOD? What? I'm there!

Well, oops, it was also a dance thingy; whatever. So here's my thing with Arizona and mainly East valley girls and guys. The little time I've spent around them, so many of them hate claiming their country roots. Oh no, they want to be urbanized and they want to reject the country music for Lil' Wayne (who by the way is ugly, have you ever seen him?) or some other Hip Hop/RnB artist... seriously guys???

Let me tell you why I have a problem with this... Why is it then that I went to this dance on Monday night to hear them playing country music galore... Ok, so it was a church dance, little music outside of country has a harmony that is within church standards for dance. But please believe for EVERY song that was played (other than slow songs) I saw EVERYONE on the dance floor doing a line dance for it... And you think you ain't country!
At first I was thinking, oh wow, are they doing the electric slide to a country song? No, they weren't, it was heel toe, dosey doe, c'mon baby let's go, kinda stuff. hop hop hop backwards, kick kick kick kick kick and turn. Clap step two three, clap step two three; shuffle forward with the hand doing a roping movement... WHAT?

I was baffled. So go ahead, tell me, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler girls, that you ain't country; I'll play a song and if you can do the line dance to it, I don't want to hear that you ain't! Embrace it, there is nothing wrong with it.

That's right, I've got my country roots too, but I can't do any other line dances out of the Cha-cha slide and the Electric...

No comments: